Six Senses Laamu, Laamu Atoll, Maldives
Could this be your idyllic palm-fringed paradise? It’s the only resort on the remote Laamu Atoll in the southern Maldives yet just a short inter-island flight and boat hop away. On-land and over-water villas, dolphins playing in the warm sapphire seas and restaurants serving mouthwatering East-West cuisine create an exceptional, natural nirvana.
from $5,099 per person*
10 days / 7 nights
includes coach airfare
Based on 2 travelers
* From $5,099 – ask about upgrading your accommodation to include personal pool
Day 1 – Depart US.
Day 2 – Travel Day
Day 3 – Arrive Male, Maldives – Meet and greet airport arrival assistance, transfer to Seaplane.
Days 4 – 9 – Six Senses Laamu, Laamu Atoll, Maldives
Day 9 – Departure – Seaplane transfer to Male airport and depart for US.
Day 10 – Arrive US
Day 1 – Depart US
Day 2 – Travel Day
Day 3 – Arrive Male, Maldives
Meet and greet airport arrival assistance and you’ll be escorted to the domestic terminal lounge ready for the 35-minute flight to Laamu’s Kadhdhoo Airport and a fascinating bird’s-eye view of the beautiful Maldives Archipelago. Your GEM (Guest Experience Maker) arranges your 15-minute speedboat trip to the resort.
Beautifully remote, Six Senses Laamu is set in a palm-fringed lagoon to fill you with wonder and fuel your wanderlust. Villas with all the creature comforts are set either on stilts over the water or on the beachfront and are an easy wander from the resort’s restaurants, lounges, and amazing Maldives attractions.
Days 4 – 8 – Six Senses Laamu
Beach & pools – A 7,500 sq.ft. (700 sq.m.) free-form swimming pool
General facilities – Your own GEM (Guest Experience Maker), Make this Delicious dining experiences, Pioneering wellness with Six Senses Spa and fitness, Boutique retail shop, Sip Sip Bar and Chill Bar, Library, Jungle Cinema.
Hotel activities – Bicycle in the resort, Surfing, Wakeboarding/Water Skiing, Windsurfing, Catamaran Sailing
Experiences – Explore uninhabited islands, go island hopping, meet the locals and relax on secluded sandbanks. Snorkel in the coral-rich house reef rubbing fins with colorful fish. Dive the deep blue as early birds or night owls. Surf the Yin Yang. Or just hang.
Wellness & Spa – Nine uniquely designed treatment nests are dotted right on the beach or among lush landscaping. Discover your dosha (body type) with Ayurveda, enjoy nourishing local Maldives spa massage treatments and restorative facials and nurture your soul with meditation and yoga in an open-air rooftop studio. Enhance your post-treatment relaxation with a gut-loving and delicious smoothie at the Juice Bar.
- Leaf – Mediterranean gourmet cuisine with a farm to fork twist using ingredients grown in our organic gardens and neighboring islands.
- Zen – Modern Japanese Omakasa cuisine. Dine in a relaxed and casual atmosphere on the upper deck, while listening to the ocean waves lapping in the background.
- Chill Bar – Situated just meters away from the house reef, Chill bar is where stories are written on morning snorkels and recounted over afternoon drinks. Signature cocktails washed ashore and never left at this magical over water setting built over several levels. Be sure to ask your GEM for the inside scoop on our Liquid Experiences.
- Longitude – The open-air restaurant begins each day with a bountiful breakfast. Dinners are themed nights love affair with fresh catch (spotted swimming only hours before), grilled meats, pastas and Asian flavors. There’s also a buffet with live cooking stations.
- Ice & Chocolate Studio – An al fresco ice cream and sorbet parlor with 40-plus, ever-changing flavors to tempt your taste buds. Enter the chilled Chocolate Studio to find chocolate truffles with cinnamon, green tea, lavender and mint mojito … it’s hard to choose!
Sip Sip – With its dramatic sunken bar and adjacent poolside seating, emerges from the swimming pool and offers homemade pizzas, jungle-wood grills, juicy burgers, comfort pasta and locally-inspired desserts. Try our freshly squeezed juices and cocktails.
Day 9 – Departure
Speedboat and seaplane transfer to Male and your departure flights.
Day 10 – Arrive US
- Round Trip Economy airfare New York JFK to Male
- Round Trip Seaplane and boat transfer from Male airport to Six Senses Laamu
- Sunset Laamu Water Villa x 1 (Half Board)
- All taxes.
- Lunch (we can upgrade to all inclusive).
- Services on site that are not included in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance
- Any items of personal nature.
Please contact an Aspire Expert for these honeymoon benefits:
- Welcome Amenity
- Departure Gift
- Personalized bicycle tags
- Special bed runner on arrival day
- A complimentary wedding cake OR Anniversary cake
- A complimentary bottle of Sparkling wine in villa upon arrival
- Either a complimentary 60-minute couple massage to be taken between 9:00 am to 1:00 pm OR a complimentary combined Sunset Dolphin Cruise
- Honeymoon benefits are valid upon presentation of Wedding Certificate (6 months)
Starting from prices are per person based on double occupancy departures from New York. Add-on fares are available from other cities. Certain black out dates apply on the accommodation and tour value add offers – check with your Aspire consultant. Seats are limited and may not be available on every flight. Hotels are subject to availability. All prices reflect a discount for purchases made by cash/wire transfer/check, please see terms and conditions for credit card payments. There are no discounts for payment made by credit cards. Cancellation penalties and other restrictions apply.
Images: Six Senses
Inquire about this trip
No pre-arrival visa is required for travel to the Maldives. Travelers will receive a free 30-day tourist visa. Please note that all guests arriving in the Maldives must have a passport that is valid for longer that 06 months prior to the end date of the holiday, failing to do so might result in refusal of entry to the Maldives,
The Maldives’ position on the equator gives it an all-year-round warm temperature that sits consistently between 25 C and 32 C. The picture-perfect weather can be experienced throughout the year.
The Maldives experiences two seasons every year. It’s sunny and dry from December to April. And has a few showers in May to November, brought in by the South West trade winds. But the sun usually shines brightly for more than 7 hours of the day.
The Maldives is made up of over 1,192 coral islands in 26 coralline atolls. Islands on the outer ring of each atoll have a coral reef on one side of the island and a lagoon on the other side. The islands in the middle of the atoll tend to have a coral reef that covers the perimeter of the island.
It has 31 protected areas of marine biodiversity and the designated UNESCO biosphere reserve in Baa Atoll famous for its manta rays.
The currency in the Maldives in the Maldivian rufiyaa, although US dollars and credit cards are widely accepted.
In the Maldives, seafood is adored by locals. A wide selection of fresh, barbecued and smoked fish dishes, as well as lobster, dominate menus in resorts – they’re locally caught staples and extremely tasty. Despite a ban on alcohol in the Maldives, it is allowed in resorts.
Accessories like hats, sun cream and sunglasses are essential for a holiday in the Maldives. If possible, we’d recommend buying reef-safe sun cream, which is free from coral-damaging chemicals. It’s worth remembering that even on an overcast day, the tropical sun is still strong.